Homelessness Prevention and Relief: England 2008/09 Experimental Statistics

Author: 
Communities and Local Government
Publication year: 
2009

Experimental official statistics on homelessness prevention and relief provided outside the statutory framework by Local Housing Authorities and partner organisations in England. 61% of cases involved help to obtain alternative accommodation, mainly via landlord incentive schemes; the remaining 39% involved help to remain in an existing home, including grants to improve conditions, resolving anti-social behaviour, and tackling disrepair through action against landlords. Future statistics in this series will include details of actions that were not successful. Free to download from the CLG website.

Size: 
A4, 17 pages.
Cost: 
Free online document.
Availability: 
In print