A briefing for services about the particular issues affecting women who are homeless, and what sevices can do to respond to their needs. Includes a resource list and details of specialist agencies.
At a glance
Course type: Practical Who should attend? Front line support workers, Managers
Click here for full course details or to book an in-house session for you and your colleagues
This course will teach you what advocacy is, how to be aware of and develop people’s own style with the legal framework in mind. It will enable you to understand when you should and should not be the person to offer advocacy, and where you should go when you are not the most appropriate person to offer advocacy support. The course encourages strong reflection and self-awareness to ensure individual styles are effective.
Who is this course for?
- Managers and frontline staff from any homeless service
- Staff from other sectors who have contact with vulnerable people who may require advocacy support
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Be aware of what advocacy is in a professional capacity
- Understand the role you play in advocating for vulnerable people
- Know when you are best placed to use advocacy skills and when it is best to use a specific advocacy service
- Know what effective advocacy looks like and how to avoid ineffective advocacy
- Understand your own personality style and how this can impact on effective advocacy skills
- Develop assertive behaviours to strengthen your own style
- Be aware of, when appropriate, how to empower vulnerable people with self-advocacy skills
Delegates will receive a copy of the presentation and a course booklet that allows people to implement self-reflection and self-awareness and links to further resources.
42nd Street, The Space, 87-91 Great Ancoats Street, Manchester, M4 5AG
Share this page
Smashing, excellent training run by a very knowledgeable and experienced trainer, thank you!Delegate, at 18th May session
Talk To Us
Lana co-ordinates our range of scheduled training and events.
020 7840 4497
13 Feb 2019 - 11:27am
5 Feb 2019 - 5:10pm
31 Jan 2019 - 11:32am